Friday, April 5, 2013

Diagrams Galore!

This week, after turning in last week's hefty assignment, we started working on creating diagrams.  This was a pretty basic week in terms of new things that we learned.  I had never used the software Inspiration before, but it was easy to catch on to.  I made a diagram that looked like a web with all the organelles in a plant cell.  As I was creating it, I was thinking that it seemed a little to elementary for me to be spending so much time on, but then I realized "duh! The students in my class will be creating the diagrams." This helped me stay focused on the project.  Here is a screen shot of my diagram.
I again enjoyed the practicality of using the state standards to keep this relevant to our classrooms.  I can really see myself letting my students use this program to do similar activities.  There are tons of examples on our class website, which were really helpful for me to see how to use diagramming in various ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment